Cinnamon rolls are one of those breakfast foods that seem like a dessert before the actual dessert. Cinnamon rolls are so beloved that they even have restaurants focused on different versions of them. But, the problem is that they are full of carbs and sugar.
These keto cinnamon rolls make it possible to have that delicious breakfast treat without the carbs, sugar, and guilt. You don’t have to worry about knocking yourself out of ketosis with these cinnamon rolls because one of them has less then 2 grams net carb, making them the perfect keto breakfast treat.
For the Rolls
• 2 cups shredded mozzarealla cheese
• 3 ounces cream cheese
• 3/4 cup almond flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
• 1 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
• 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons Swerve
For the Rolls:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted.
3. Add the almond flour, baking powder and ground flax meal.
4. Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball (see step by step images above)
5. Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 13×10.
For the filling:
1. Brush the softened butter on the dough, all the way to the edges.
2. Combine the cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the butter
Buy them here
Nobody would be able to guess that these cookies are sugar free. They are perfect for parents looking to get their kids to reduce the amount of sugar they consume.
3. Top with chopped nuts
4. Starting at one end roll your dough as tightly as you can into a log.
5. Cut into 8 equal portions (roughly the width of two fingers)
6. Spray a muffin tin lightly with cooking spray and place the rolls in the wells.
7. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
For the cream cheese icing:
combine the cream cheese, heavy cream and powdered swerve in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
Thank you for reading my Keto Cinnamon Roll Recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, writing great keto information and tip guides, and forming the best keto recipe list on the internet. Thanks for supporting the keto god blog.