If you don’t know what. A Philly cheese stake is, allow me to inform you:
A cheesesteak is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll. A popular regional fast food, it has its roots in the U.S. city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
But, of course the bread makes it not keto friendly, that is why this Philly cheesesteak skillet is perfect for us low carbers who want to have a cheese steak without the carbs.
• 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
• 1 cup red, orange and yellow pepper strips
• 2 cups green pepper strips
• 1/4 cup onion, sliced
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 3 oz provolone cheese
• 3 oz gruyere or swiss cheese
• 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat up a large oven proof skillet and add in the ground beef. Sprinkle the steak seasoning on top and brown the meat.
2. In the meat time heat up another large skillet and add in the oil and vegetables. Saute until the vegetables are cooked through.
3. Pour the cooked vegetables onto the ground beef and mix well. Sprinkle cheeses over top and set under the broiler
4. Broil until the cheeses are melted and starting to brown.
5. Serve as is, over lettuce, or if not low carb, use buns or rice.