You don’t have to give up taco Tuesday’s just because you went keto. Here is their perfect keto taco recipe.
The thing with tacos is that it’s only the shell that has carbs, that’s why these cheese shells are the perfect keto replacement for tacos. Check out the recipe below.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
CHEESE TACO SHELLS
•2 cups Cheddar cheese, , shredded
•1 pound Ground beef
•2 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning
•1/4 cup Water
•Toppings for taco: Sour cream, avocado, cheese, lettuce, etc., optional
Photo From Bffsdoketo
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1/4 cup piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer.
3. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
Here is your chance to get the best keto cook books on the internet. Get 120 keto recipes that have less then 5 ingredients and 5 net carbs.
4. Let the cheese cool for 1-2 minutes until it is firm enough to lift but still bendable. Lift the cheese up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups.
5. Let cheese cool completely then remove.
6. While you continue to bake your cheese taco shells place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
7. Drain the grease from the meat and then add the homemade taco seasoning. Pour water into skillet and stir everything around mixing it together.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has cooked away.
9. Add meat to taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.