Mozzarella cheese sticks are one of the most beloved appetizers and rightfully so. You can still have them on your keto journey.
This keto version of mozzarella cheese sticks are perfect for an appetizer or as a mid afternoon snack. Check out the recipe below.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
• 6 pieces string cheese
• 1 large eggs beaten
• 1/4 cup Almond Flour
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese the powdered kind in a can
• 1 tablespoon coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cut string cheese in half crosswise.
2. Beat 1 egg in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place almond flour, Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in zipper sandwich bag. Shake bag to blend.
4. Dip each piece of mozzarella into the beaten egg and then coat by shaking in the sandwich bag. Freeze for at least one hour.
Nobody would be able to guess that these cookies are sugar free. They are perfect for parents looking to get their kids to reduce the amount of sugar they consume.
5. Heat oil in small frying pan to at least half inch high. Temperature of oil should be about 325-375°F. Higher temperatures tend to brown too quickly with cheese melting out. Air frying works too using a temperature of about 370 to 400°F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Cook each coated piece of mozzarella in the hot oil until browned on all sides. Enjoy!