You don’t have to necessarily give up those tasty desserts like cookies, cup cakes, or brownies when you start the keto diet. Sure you can’t eat the regular carb filled versions of these desserts, but with some ingredient substitutions you can make some Keto friendly desserts that taste just as good if not better then the carb versions.
Take these Keto Macadamia Nut Brownies for example. They are soft, moist, and super delicious. Check out the recipe below.
• ¾ cup almond flour
• ¾ cup erythritol
• ¾ cup macadamia nuts
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 5 tablespoons salted butter
• 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2 large eggs
• 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee
Photo From @Ketosis_Queen
Preheat your oven to 350°F. If you can, before you start, have your butter and eggs waiting at room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl, add your butter, coconut oil, and erythritol. Let the butter get to room temperature before you start mixing it up.
3. Cream the fats and sweetener together, making a creamy consistency
4. Add your eggs and vanilla extract into the creamed butter. Try to have the eggs at room temperature before you start.
5. Mix these together well until everything is a creamed consistency. If you didn’t use room temperature eggs, like me, your coconut oil will seize up a bit and create a lumpy texture.
6. Add your cocoa powder and instant coffee to the mixture.
7. Mix the cocoa powder and coffee in well, until the mixture is a dark brown. You can now add your baking powder.
8. Cream everything together and then add your almond flour.
9. Mix this thoroughly until a light brown and fluffy texture is achieved.
10. Add 1/2 Cup of your Macadamia nuts and fold them in, making sure they are evenly distributed in the batter
11. On an 8×8 baking sheet (I used 9 x 9 1/2) spread your batter evenly. Top with the rest of your macadamia nuts, and press them into the batter with your finger. You want them to be submerged into the batter, but still showing the top
Buy them here
Nobody would be able to guess that these cookies are sugar free. They are perfect for parents looking to get their kids to reduce the amount of sugar they consume.
12. Put your brownie batter into the oven for 25 minutes at 350F. You should be able to poke them with a toothpick and have it come out clean. The edges will be slightly brown, almost burnt
13. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes, slice into thirds horizontally and vertically (making 9 total brownies). Serve them up and enjoy!
Thank you for reading my Keto Macadamia Nut Brownie recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, writing great keto information and tip guides, and forming the best keto recipe list on the internet. Thanks for supporting my blog.