You are going love these twenty easy keto breakfast recipes, especially if you’re sick of the same basic bacon and eggs for breakfast!
Now bacon and eggs with a veggie is alway my go-to breakfast on keto, but I admit it can sometimes get a little boring.
These insanely delicious keto breakfasts below are going help get you to break out of your breakfast rut!
Sometimes it can be hard to add variety to our meals, not to mention it can get pretty time consuming finding new recipes that actually taste good.
Speaking of trying new recipes, there’s an awesome keto freebie happening right now that I wanted to let you guys know about.
On a side note, I always like to pick one of my favorite keto blogs that are featured within my post and share with you guys why I love them so much. My hopes is you guys will find some new places to get some awesome keto recipe ideas!
When I first started eating keto, one thing I feel like I missed was comfort food. Sure, we get the fattiness and cheese certain comfort foods have on keto, but sometimes I miss fried breaded food or foods that center around wheat products. Maybe you feel the same?
Cue Mince Republic, if you haven’t checked out some of Kayla’s keto comfort food, you are really missing out! Kayla has keto-friendly recipes of all your favorites: mac N cheese, tacos, biscuits and gravy, beef empanadas, pizza and more.
Oh and she has a lot of other yummy looking recipes too, but maybe I just have comfort food on the brain today lol.
Before I get to my keto breakfast list, I wanted to share with you guys my favorite keto power breakfast I make.
My Keto Power Breakfast Recipe
Every day I start the day with bacon, eggs, mushrooms and spinach (notice how I snuck in some greens). It may sound basic, but the way I make is so satisfying and delicious.
You can make so many variations of this and use your favorite veggies, but this is my favorite. If you don’t eat pork, turkey bacon works as well.
The key to this breakfast is cooking the eggs and veggies in the bacon fat. Here is a step by step for this power breakfast:
- Cook your bacon in a skillet on the stove. When your bacon is done about halfway, add your mushrooms to the pan. When I’m short on time, I don’t even chop the mushrooms, I just break them apart with my hand.
- Transfer your bacon to a bowl and add spinach to the skillet. Now you just have mushrooms and spinach cooking in the bacon fat.
- While the mushrooms and spinach are cooking, I like to shred or cut my bacon up. Then transfer your mushrooms and spinach to your bowl.
- Now it’s time to make your eggs. For this dish, I love making my eggs sunny side up or over easy because the runny yolk and bacon fat coat your entire dish and it is amazing. You can make your eggs however you like, scrambling them is good as well.
- Finally, you are going to add your eggs to your shredded bacon, mushrooms and spinach. I like to cut my eggs up and mix everything together. It is not the prettiest dish, but it is so tasty and I guarantee it will keep you full until your next meal.
Be sure to check out all these wonderful keto breakfast ideas. Let me know how they turned out for you in the comments below!
1. Chorizo Omelette (Via Hey Keto Mama)
There’s nothing like a loaded omelet to make you feel full until your next meal! Chorizo is so fatty and protein-rich that you are going to feel so satisfied. I made this dish the other day and it was beyond delicious!
2. Bacon & Egg Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich (Via Mince Republic)
If you are missing those breakfast sandwiches from McDonald’s, try these instead. They’re better for you and eating something made with whole foods is going make you feel better, versus being in a fast food comatose.
3. Keto Chai Protein Shake
This keto vanilla chai protein shake is so easy to make and is so creamy! You’ll love the vanilla flavor and yummy spices of this chai, think cinnamon, clove and ginger! This is the best grab and go breakfast with only 1 net carb and 15 grams of fat.
4. Cinnamon Rolls (Via Mince Republic)
Some days you just don’t have time to sit at the table and enjoy a good meal. Reading Mince Republic’s post about this recipe reminded me you should have some “slow mornings” as Kayla says and take time for “enjoying the little moments”.
I love that, and can’t think of a better breakfast to have while sharing a meal with someone on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning. Oh, and did I mention the cream cheese frosting?
5. Taco Breakfast Skillet (Via Peace, Love & Low Carb)
When you’re craving Mexican food, this tasty skillet is going hit the spot. Best of all it is the perfect breakfast for those busy mornings because you can throw it together in 15 minutes.
6. Keto Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
This is hands down one of my favorite keto breakfasts, although I may be a little bias, my husband created this recipe! We both LOVE stuffed peppers and he thought to make some breakfast ones!
These are stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon, and some other fat burning ingredients. Oh and topped off with tons of cheese of course!
7. Mini Mushroom Frittatas With Cottage Cheese & Feta (Via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
Mushroom and feta pair so well together and making these frittatas mini and transportable is genius! You can keep these for a week in the fridge and pop in the microwave making them a perfect meal prep staple!
8. Coconut Flour Pancakes (Via Wholesome Yum)
Fluffy pancakes are possible on keto, the recipe has to be just right and Wholesome Yum definitely achieved this. Smother these babies in maple syrup (she gives you a sugar-free recipe) and butter and you’ve found yourself the perfect weekend breakfast.
9. Breakfast Pizza (Via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
If you are a pizza leftovers in the morning type of person, you are going really enjoy this egg crusted breakfast pizza!
And if you want more pizza yumminess, I’ve made Kalyn’s deconstructed pizza casserole multiple times for dinner and eat the leftovers for breakfast. I swear eating it cold tastes JUST like pizza. Be sure to check that one out as well, Kalyn’s recipes never disappoint!
10. Almond Crusted Breakfast Cheesecake (Via Joy Filled Eats)
Umm breakfast cheesecake, yes please! This almond crust is so good, you won’t even miss the graham cracker crust of traditional cheesecakes. Top off with some fresh berries and you have a healthy breakfast that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth.