Garlic knots are a type of garlic bread found primarily in pizzerias around New York City and the surrounding regions.
This recipe takes the deliciousness of garlic knots and repackages it in a low carb version fit for a person on a keto diet. Check the recipe out below
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
•1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
•3/4 cup blanched almond flour (3 oz wt.)
•4 tbsp cream cheese
•1 large egg
•2 tsp dried oregano leaves
•1 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•1/2 tsp table salt
•vegetable oil spray
•3 cloves garlic, minced
•1 tbsp butter
•1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
Photo From @KetoByDesign
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, garlic, oregano, baking powder, salt) until well-mixed.
Use my code TKG15 at checkout to get an extra 15% off.
3. Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to the same bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Stir until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
4. Add the egg, stirring it in until absorbed and well-mixed. If easier, use your hands to knead once the dough is cool enough to handle.
These easy to pack cheese bars contain nothing but cheese, making them the perfect on the go keto snack.
5. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long, and form into a knot-like shape. Place the knots at least 1 inch apart on the prepared lined baking sheet. Spray the tops with vegetable oil.
6. Bake at 375 F until lightly golden on top, about 15 minutes. Remove the garlic knots from the oven. Set the broiler on high.
7. In a small bowl, add butter and minced garlic. Microwave until melted. Brush the garlic butter over the tops of the garlic knots. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Nobody would be able to guess that these cookies are sugar free. They are perfect for parents looking to get their kids to reduce the amount of sugar they consume.
8. Return the garlic knots to the oven and broil until golden brown on top, about a minute. Monitor them while broiling because they can easily burn. Serve while hot.