If you like eggplant then you will love this keto eggplant recipe.
Tender eggplant chopped in slices coated in almond flour and topped with Parmesan.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
• Cooking spray (I use avocado oil)
• 1 large eggplant (1 lb.)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup marinara sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
2. Slice the unpeeled eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds, discarding the ends. Season the eggplant slices with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Use my code TKG15 at checkout to get an extra 15% off.
3. In a small baking dish, whisk the egg with a tablespoon of water. In another baking dish (I used a 8X11-inch dish), add the almond meal.
4. Dip each eggplant round in the egg, then dredge in the almond meal. Arrange the coated eggplant slices on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Bake the eggplant until tender, about 20 minutes per side.
These easy to pack cheese bars contain nothing but cheese, making them the perfect on the go keto snack.
6. Remove the eggplants from the oven, but keep the oven on. Top each eggplant with marinara sauce, then top with mozzarella and finally with Parmesan.
7. Return the baking sheet to the oven. Bake the eggplant until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.