You don’t have to give up those delicious fried onion rings when you go Keto and this delicious Keto fried onion ring recipe will prove to you how to make this awesome appetizer low carb.
These keto onion rings are perfect for an appetizer, as a side next to a Keto hamburger, or simply as a snack. Check the recipe out below.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
•2 Medium onions sliced into thick rings
•½ c Almond flour
•½ c Grated Parmesan cheese
•2 oz. Crushed pork rind crumbs
•1 tsp Garlic powder
•Red pepper to taste
•Salt and black pepper to taste
•2 Eggs beaten
•Oil for frying
Photo From @KetoDashApril
1. Slice two medium sized onions into thick rings. You can make the rings of your onions as thick or thin as you desire.
2. Beat the eggs, and place them in a shallow bowl.
3. Place the almond flour, pork rind crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add in the garlic, red pepper flakes if desired, as well as salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Begin to heat several inches of keto approved cooking oil such as olive oil or avocado oil on the stove in a deep pot or skillet.
Buy it here
These easy to pack bars contain nothing but cheese, making them the perfect on the go keto snack.
5. Dip each onion ring first into the egg mixture to coat it well, and then into the flour mixture.
6. Once the oil is hot, place 5-6 onion rings into the heated oil at a time, and cook for 2-4 minutes according to your preferred level of doneness.
7. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining onion rings, and place them on a rack or paper towel lined plate to cool off and to remove excess oil.
8. Alternatively, you can bake the onion rings at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them to ensure they come out golden brown.