Next to bacon and steak, chicken wings are the poster child for a keto diet. They are low in carbs, tasty, cheap. and easy to make.
These buffalo wings are my favorite version because they are super crispy and perfect for Sunday night football or pretty much any party occasion.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Check out my list of the best keto product that will make your keto journey more enjoyable. Here
Crispy Chicken Wings:
• 2.2 lbs (1.5 kg) chicken wings
• 2 level tbsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
Buffalo Wings Sauce:
• 2/3 cup (150ml) Frank’s hot sauce
• ½ cup (120g) unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp cider vinegar
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
• 1 tbsp honey
• ¼ tsp salt
Blue cheese sauce:
• 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
• 3 tbsp mayo
• 1/3 cup (75g) soft blue cheese
• 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
• 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• a pinch of dried parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 120C/250F and place a rack on a large baking tray.
2. Cut each wing at the joint so you have a mini wing and a drumette. Dry the wings with paper towels, then place in a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Note – it’s important to dry the wings first so they only get a light coating. Discard any remaining coating once tossed together.
3. Place in a single layer on the rack, skin side up. It’s fine for them to be touching. Place on the lower shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
Nobody would be able to guess that these cookies are sugar free. They are perfect for parents looking to get their kids to reduce the amount of sugar they consume.
4. After 30 minutes, turn the oven up to 220C/425F and rotate the tray for even cooking. Cook for a further 45-50 minutes until the wings are lightly golden and crispy. Take out of the oven to cool slightly.
5. To make the buffalo sauce, place the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, honey and salt in a pan. Place over a medium-high heat and bring to a gentle simmer whilst stirring. Turn off the heat.
6. Mix the blue cheese sauce ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
7. Toss the buffalo sauce with the wings and serve with the blue cheese sauce, carrots and celery.